After installing and building the FRAMOS Realsense SDK and the python dependencies with it, there are some common mistakes that cause the pyrealsense2 not recognizing the D400e camera.
Notice this article refers to the pyrealsense2 installation problem only. If the python script is not working due to another reason, this is not covered by this article.
Please read the information below to check which mistake could be the cause and how to solve the problem:
- Pyrealsense2 was installed from Pip or from downloaded wheel. That pyrealsense2 supports only USB camera versions.
- Both pyrealsense2 are installed in the host PC, the USB one and the one included in our FRAMOS Realsense SDK. However, Python script is calling the one installed in python local folder
/lib/site-packageswhich normally refers to the ones installed from pip or wheel that supports only USB cameras.
- After building our Framos Realsense SDK python bindings is common forgotten to copy the resulted files next to the examples where the python script is executed.
How to solve the problem
- Remove the pyrealsense2 installed from pip or wheel.
- Built our FRAMOS Realsense SDK again including the Python Bindings.
- Note: Follow the instructions on the readme file “readme_d400e.md” inside Python wrapper from FRAMOS SDK
- Copy the resulted files next to the examples where the python script is executed.
Articles related to this topic that can help: